I decided to change up my lunch with this meal. I cannot give up my tacos, yet this hit the spot just as much as they do. I’ve made this plenty of times for my family using flour tortillas, way more meat and cheese and made in a pie plate. You can do that as well and make a small version for yourself to have a similar family meal.
My meal calls for 70g of chicken, 120 calorie wrap, 15g of almonds and 1 cup of optional veggies. I subbed my chicken for lean ground turkey, almond for Mexican shredded full fat cheese and for my wrap I always use Tortilla Land Raw Corn Tortillas (60cals/tortilla). Plus this can be gluten free for those that need it.
· 2 tortillas; corn or flour and what fits your plan
· Refried beans; optional and if you have more carbs to spare
· Ground meat; beef, chicken or turkey; diced would work too (season with taco seasoning or with cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt, paprika and onion powder)
· Shredded cheese; full fat or fat free
· Diced peppers and onion
· Diced tomatoes
· Enchilada sauce
· Optional: sliced black olives, avocado, guacamole, sour cream or Greek Yogurt (mixed with cumin, garlic salt and a squeeze of lime), shredded lettuce, salsa
1. Preheat oven to 375; foil line a baking sheet and sparingly spray with nonstick spray.
2. Depending on your tortillas; crisp them in the oven 3-5min per side or in a skillet flipping once (which is how I did my raw corn tortillas)
3. To assemble spread optional refried beans on 1 tortillas, top with ground meat, optional diced peppers and onions; leaving some aside to use on top. Spoon 2-3 tbsp of enchilada sauce on top, sprinkle 1/3 to 1/2 of shredded cheese. Top with the other tortilla, spread about 1-2tbsp of enchilada sauce on top, top with any remaining diced peppers and onions, diced tomatoes and optional olives. Top with the remaining cheese.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and heated through. Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes, cut into wedges. Top with shredded lettuce, and optional avocado. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce of your liking or Greek yogurt mix.